dental bridge procedure. An experienced Seville family dentist can help you determine if you are a candidate for . To be a good candidate, the teeth on either side of the gap must be strong and healthy.can take a toll on our self-esteem and our oral health. If you are tired of living with gaps between teeth, you may want to consider a
In this blog post, we will go over theso you can walk into your next dental appointment feeling prepared and confident. Let’s get started.
What are dental bridges?
Like the name suggests,help bridge the gap created by missing teeth. False teeth must always have a way of being secured in the mouth so you are able to talk and eat normally. While dental implants are secured through your jaw bone, dental bridges are secured via the surrounding teeth (also called abutment teeth). Your dentist will place the replacement tooth in between the already existing teeth in order to hold it in place.
What are the different types of dental bridges?
Did you know that there are different types of dental bridges? A knowledgeable dentist will determine the best dental bridge for your unique circumstances. Below, you will find detailed information so that you will be able to have a productive conversation with your family dentist.
- Traditional bridges are the most common type of dental bridge. On either side of the gap, dental crowns are used to hold the false tooth in place. Traditional bridges are typically made out of ceramics or porcelain fused to metal.
- Cantilever bridges are used when there are only teeth on one side of the hole created by the missing tooth. In this scenario, the false tooth is held in place by a dental implant or natural tooth on one side.
- Maryland bonded bridges are used for patients who have natural teeth on both sides of the gap. Two wings are placed on the back of the false tooth. These wings are then bonded to the backs of the natural teeth on both sides of the gap to secure the false tooth into place.
What are the benefits of dental bridges?
- Long-lasting: Dental bridges were designed to be durable and long-lasting. In fact, dental bridges can last your entire life if you take good care of them.
- Affordable: Bridges are an affordable alternative to dental implants and are ideal for patients who need multiple teeth replaced.
- Quick:Dental bridges are usually finished in two visits, so you can get back to your normal routine as soon as possible. Dental implants, on the other hand, take up to six months to be completed.
- Improved Appearance: Dental bridges will not only fill in any missing teeth you have, they will also give you a smile that looks and feels as natural as your original teeth.
Who do I call for a dental bridge procedure?
If you would like to bridge dental bridge dentist as soon as possible. A dentist will be able to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure and give you all the information you need to make an informed decision about your oral health. Look for a dentist with experience in dental bridge procedures for the best results., we recommend you contact an expereinced
If you are interested in our dental bridge services, please feel free to call our Seville OH family dentistry at (330) 769-4470. Dr. Joseph G. Landry II DDS has dedicated his career toward providing patients with the highest quality of dental care.